Monday, January 23, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
Monday, October 31, 2011
About Homer and Ancient Greek Life
Directions: Use the links provided to find the answers
to the questions. Write the answer on your answer sheet.
1. What did the Greeks learn from the Phoenicians that was important to Homer?
2. Here is a model
of the world as Homer knew it.
3. Was this work a story of the time of Homer, a reflection of life before Homer lived, or his tale of the future?
4. Ancient Greeks relied on reciprocity. What is this? Give a real life example.
Did Ulysses practice reciprocity? Give an example.
Do you? Give an example.
5. Read what daily life in ancient Greece was like: for a man, for a woman, and for a child.
Which would you prefer to be and why?
6. Read the myth of Persephone. What genuine natural occurrence does it seek to explain?
Use your online skills to find the answer.
7. What is the Parthenon?
Where would you go to see it in person?
8. What is a strigil?
Why did Greek athletes use it?
9. Compare the federal form of government with the government of the ancient Greeks.
10. Describe Greek society during the time of Homer.
11. Take the picture tour of Ancient Olympia. Answer the following questions.
How were olives important to ancient Greeks?
What is a megaron?
How many centuries ago was the Temple of Zeus completed?
Why was it important to the Olympic games?
12. Describe the climate of Greece.
Use a table to compare this with the climate where you live.
13. What impact did the geography of Greece have on the people's lives?
14. What did the Greeks call people who were not Greek?
15. Name a famous Greek scientist and a mathematician. What was their focus in their work?
16. How do archeologists identify the gods when they look at a vase or other object?
If an artist were to include you on a vase, how would you be shown?
TAI (think about it) At one time Greece played a prominent role in the civilized world.
Friday, May 20, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
¿Se aprende mejor viendo la historia. Estos videos le ayudará a aumentar su comprensión de la historia de Global en las cuatro semanas que nos quedan antes de los Regentes.
¿Se aprende mejor viendo la historia. Estos videos le ayudará a aumentar su comprensión de la historia de Estados Unidos en las cuatro semanas que nos quedan antes de los Regentes.